GMSA hosts national meetings on Zoom every Monday and Thursday at 1:00 ET. We have been bringing together more than 200 self-advocates from at least 32 states. Self-advocates have said, “It makes us feel like we are in a community.” This is a great opportunity to meet self-advocate leaders from across the country.
Typical Zoom Meetings Include:
- The same day, time, and zoom link is used to minimize confusion. Meetings are held every Monday and Thursday at 1:00 ET.
- Each session is for 1 hour.
- Topics for each session have been suggested by self-advocates
- We use the breakout rooms to have small group discussions. This gives self-advocates time to introduce themselves.
- On occasion, we host a Talent Show which gives self-advocates an opportunity to share poetry they’ve written, play an instrument, share photography, knitting, hand-made jewelry, etc.