Person-centered planning helps people talk about their dreams and goals. It helps you think about what a good life means for you.
In 2014, the government made a new rule. It said everyone who gets services must have a person-centered plan. Many people are not ready to talk about what a good life means to them at their ISA meetings. It’s hard to talk about your dreams when you aren’t ready!
This training will help self-advocates:
- Get ready for their planning meeting
- Think about what a good life means for them
- Invite more people to come to their meeting
- Get ready to lead their own meeting
- Be a mentor for other self-advocates who want help at their meetings.
What Will This Training Be About?
This person-centered planning training will be done in three parts:
Part 1: What is Person-Centered Planning?
June 2: What is Person-Centered Planning?
June 9: How to Build a Lasting Support Circle
June 16: Getting Involved in Your Community
June 23: Reaching Your Dreams and Vision
Part 2: Self-Advocates Training: How to Lead Your Own Meeting
June 30: How to Use Your One Page Profile
July 7: Making the Invitations
July 14: Planning the Agenda
July 21: Leading the Meeting
Part 3: How to Be a Peer Mentor for Other Self-Advocates
August 4: What is a Peer Mentor?
August 19: Helping People Talk About Their Dreams
August 25: Helping People Get Ready for Their Meeting
September 1: Helping People at Their Meeting
- Trainings will happen two times on Wednesdays. In the morning 10 to Noon and at night from 5 to 7.
- The training will happen using Zoom.
- People who come to the training will have a short, easy homework assignment to do after each session. People can get help with the homework if they need it. GMSA will run a homework session to provide help with your homework. And to go over what was taught.
- People who want to be a peer mentor have to come to all of the training sessions.
You must sign-up to do the training.
Click here to sign-up: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sv/TGJoiKJ